Penetrating Exterior Sealers
Penetrating sealers are designed to work entirely below the surface and will not change the look or color of the substrate. They cause water and other liquids to bead off the surface and will provide up to 10 years of protection before the need to recoat. Under the category of penetrating sealers there are Densifiers & Hardeners and Water Repellent Sealers.
Densifiers & Surface Hardeners
Concrete Densifiers and surface hardeners are designed to chemically react below the surface to form a permanent crystalline barrier within the pores helping to increase the strength of the concrete by up to 45%. Concrete Densifiers and Surface hardeners are good to use on weak or deteriorating concrete, or on concrete that requires an increase in strength. If the concrete requires an increase in strength and protection from water absorption, snow and ice damage, salt damage, or the growth of mold and mildew, consider also applying a water repellent sealer.
- Armor S2000 - Solvent based, high solids, DOT approved water repellent Silane-Siloxane.
- Armor L3000 - Concentrated lithium silicate concrete hardener and densifier for dense concrete surfaces.
Water Repellent Sealers
Water repellent sealers are designed to chemically react below the surface to form an invisible, water repellent barrier that caused water and other liquids to bead off the surface. Surfaces sealed with a Foundation Armor water repellent sealer are more resistant to damage caused by water absorption such as cracking, spalling, pitting, staining, freeze-thaw and ice damage, salt damage, and the growth of mold and mildew.
- Armor SX5000 - Solvent based, high solids, DOT approved water repellent Silane-Siloxane.
- Armor SX5000 WB - Water based, high solids, DOT approved water repellent Silane-Siloxane.
- Armor SC25 - Cost effective, high solids, water based Siliconate water repellent. 1 coat application.